La Paz, México Courses
This 4-day intensive, individually tailored conversational, medical and cultural Spanish CME Workshop consists of over 45 hours of medical dialogues, role-plays, many colorful visual aids, cross-cultural discussions, "edutainment", daily practice, plus evening study with a Text workbook and USB Flash drive including all 15 corresponding lessons (Flash Drive available for $35). This method is highly suitable for those with limited time who must use their new language skills immediately.
To register for this intensive 4-day class, please visit our Registration or our Schedule for class dates and locations. Classes are limited in size to be able to give personal attention to each participant's needs. Early registration is suggested to guarantee your place.
Participants who complete this 4-day intensive course will:
- Acquire the ability to interview patients in Spanish in a culturally competent manner, take a medical history, conduct a physical examination, give prescription and follow-up instructions and intervene with medical emergencies, while taking cultural sensitivity into account to increase compliance.
- Recognize a Spanish vocabulary of 2,000 to 3,000 general and medical terms.
- Develop a good flow of speech in present, future, and past tenses, as well as the command form.
- Obtain a degree of Cultural Competency concerning time, personal space, family dynamics, foods, health and particularly medical care.
- Utilize the skills necessary to continue language acquisition through daily practice and personal experience.
Intermediate/Advanced students will be able to do all of this with more facility and fluency utilizing more idiomatic expressions, complex tenses (conditional, present & past progressive, present & past perfect tenses), as well as the subjunctive mood and its various tenses.